Monday, March 19, 2012

15 Years since it began

It's been a very long time since I posted anything to this blog, but I had a brief conversation on Twitter over the weekend that made me think about it again.

It's been 15 years since my myositis journey began and I took a few minutes to browse through a few of my posts as a reminder of how far I have come.

Things are not the same as they were 15 years ago when it all began. My kids have grown up and many of my symptoms have subsided. My hair is back even though it's not as thick as it once was.

I still struggle with the prednisone weight.

I'm not the same person I was before this came into my life.

I used to be much more fun loving and goofy acting. I'm not sure if it's the process that has sucked that out of me or the self-consciousness of carrying this extra prednisone weight.

I have moments when I feel like the old me, but then something will happen that brings me back to reality.

So 15 years later, I'm still here and I still have a lot of work to do to get myself back.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment